This page contains the Frequently Asked Questions & Edupoint Terms of Service (FAQ & Terms)
Kindly peruse the Frequently Asked Questions for common queries & their answers. The FAQs listed here are not exhaustive. Let us know if you have specific concerns and Edupoint will be ready to assist in every way possible!
The points below refers to Edupoint’s Terms & Conditions. Kindly refer to the appropriate section with respect to your interaction with Edupoint
The Terms and Conditions listed here are not exhaustive and are subjected to changes. Let us know if you have specific concerns and Edupoint will be ready to assist in every way possible!
Terms & Conditions (Client)
- The tutor will be charged 50% of the tuition fee for one month as commission. This is payable after the first two weeks after tuition commencement.
- Upon completion of the first month of tuition, the tutor will be paid 50% of the tuition fee (as Edupoint has already collected its 50% due). For subsequent months of tuition, the tutor will be paid the 100% of the tuition fee.
- The client will hold the 50% commission from the tutor’s first month fees and transfer the said amount to Edupoint by cheque or through internet banking. The transfer should be completed by the end of the third week after tuition commencement.
- In the event that the tuition does not reach the 1 month term for any reason, kindly inform Edupoint at the point of termination. Do not pay the tutor any part of the tuition fee. Edupoint will collect the full payment for the lessons completed and then settle with the tutor.
- Edupoint does not allow advance payment. We do not collect any fee before the tuition starts and we do not allow our tutors to do so. Please do not pay the tutors any part of the tuition fee in advance. If as tutor were to request advance payment, kindly let Edupoint know.
- Edupoint does not allow interviews or trial lessons. Please note that if after a few lessons the client is not satisfied with the tutor’s performance, a replacement can be arranged. The number of lessons completed prior to termination must be paid for.
- The tuition session must be scheduled for at least once a week. The minimum duration for one session is 1.5 hours.
- All tuition fee/rates will be determined by Edupoint. If there is a need for negotiation, our customer service staff will handle your request. The client should not initiate fee negotiation with the tutor until the first month of tuition has concluded. After the first month of tuition, the client and the tutor can decide on a mutually beneficial fee arrangement.
- The tuition sessions must be conducted at a single address (either a home or office). Multiple locations for tuition must be made clear to Edupoint at the time of requesting a tutor.
- Edupoint will not allow its tutors to conduct lessons in public places like malls, void decks or CCs. If there is a pressing concern to conduct the tuition at any location other than a home or office. The 50% commission to Edupoint must be paid in advance before tuition commencement.
- At no point should the client initiate steps to “assist” the tutor to circumvent paying the 50% commission to Edupoint. We expect integrity from all individuals in our dealings (especially from our tutors, who are educators).
- Tutor contact information will be released when the tutor arrives for the first lesson. Edupoint will act as liaison between tutor and client at all points in time before the first lesson. After the first lesson, the tutor and client can communicate freely with respect to lesson scheduling.
Terms & Conditions (Tutor)
- The tutor is required to pay Edupoint the tuition fee for a predetermined number of lessons as commission for arranging the tuition assignment. The number of lessons payable to Edupoint will be determined from the frequency of sessions required by the client at the time of booking.
NOTE: Edupoint will state the fee for the number of lessons payable as commission in a text message to the tutor at the time that the tutor accepts the assignment. Accepting the assignment means that the tutor has agreed to pay Edupoint the abovementioned fee.
- Tutors are required to inform Edupoint of any increase in the number of students, lessons per week or duration of an assignment after it commences. Failure to do so will be construed as a lack of integrity and the tutor will be blacklisted. Tutors are not allowed to decrease the number of students, lessons per week or duration of the lessons. Any change in assignment parameters can only be initiated by Edupoint.
- The client will be responsible for transferring the payment to Edupoint. The tutor should not collect 100% of the payment for the first month even if the client presents the full payment to them EXCEPT for some cases where Edupoint will authorize certain tutors to collect 100% of the first month payment from the client. The tutor will then be required do the transfer of the fees due to Edupoint as prescribed in (1)
- If a tutor decides to terminate a tuition assignment before the first month for ANY reason, the tutor has to pay Edupoint the commission as prescribed in (1).
- If the tuition is terminated before the number of lessons payable to Edupoint is completed, due to action or lack of action of the tutor, the tutor will pay Edupoint the tuition fee due as prescribed in (1). The following table illustrates some examples and this list is by no means exhaustive.
- Tutor not punctual. Frequently cancelling lessons
- Tutor no show. Tutor absent without informing the client.
- Tutor watch the student do practices during lesson.
- Tutor not able to handle the subject content/answer student’s questions
- Tutor using cellphone or other devices not lesson related during the lesson
- Tutor using the tuition time to do non-subject related activities.
- Tutor arriving for tuition inappropriately attired.
- Tutor trying to change frequency, duration or fee of the assignment.
- Tutor exploring the house uninvited, asking personal questions about students family.
- Tutor not staying for the full duration of the session, (arriving late/leaving early)
- The tutor will collect and retain 100% of the tuition fee from the customer for all subsequent lessons after Edupoint has been paid the fees due as prescribed in (1).
- All tuition fee/rates will be determined by Edupoint. Tutors are explicitly forbidden from engaging in negotiation with the client with regards to the established tuition fee. Any negotiation with regards to the tuition fee can only take place after completion of the number of lessons due to Edupoint’s commission as prescribed in (1).
- Edupoint will state a fee/rate for every assignment. Tutors are not allowed to state any other rate/fee at any point until the number of lessons payable to Edupoint as commission is completed. See (1)
- Once the tutor accepts the tuition assignment, the tutor must attend the first session. Failure to do so will cause the particular tutor to be blacklisted and the tutor must pay Edupoint its commission as prescribed in (1).
- Tutors are required to be clear on all the details of the assignment before accepting it. Details such as location, timing and frequency should be checked for potential conflicts before the assignment is accepted. Edupoint expects its tutors to show due diligence required of all educators.
- Tutors are not allowed to find their own replacement to conduct their tuition sessions if they are not available or if they decide to give up the assignment. If a tutor intends to give up an assignment after the first month, they should inform Edupoint about their intention and Edupoint will make the required arrangements.
- Tutors are expected to exhibit professionalism at all times. Tutors should refrain from exploring student’s homes, enquiring about the student’s personal family details or act in any way that would make the student or the family members uncomfortable.
- Edupoint expects a high level of integrity of all its tutors. This is the minimum expected of all educators before teaching competency is even considered. Tutors should not attempt to find ways to circumvent paying the commission to Edupoint.
- Tuition agencies routinely share data of blacklisted tutors. Edupoint maintains its own list of blacklisted tutors and regularly shares this list.
Terms & Conditions (Online Tuition)
- All payment for the lessons block booked must be received by Edupoint before commencement of the lesson block.
- The session schedule for a lesson block is determined before commencement of the lesson block.
- Any change of schedule will be entertained without penalty if the change is notified by the client more than 48 hours before the lesson.
- 50% of the lesson fee will be deducted as penalty if a lesson is cancelled by the client between 24 hour and 48 hours before the session.
- 100% of the lesson fee will be forfeited if less than 24 hour cancellation notification is given before the scheduled session.
- In the event of internet issue on the client’s end, Edupoint will replace up to a maximum of 1 hour during the next lesson.
- In the event of technical issues at Edupoint’s Online Learning Portal, the entire lesson will be replaced at a date/time that is agreed mutually.
Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
Last updated: 12 October 2016
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) in this agreement carefully before using the My Mobile App mobile application (the “Service”) operated by Edupoint (“us”,”we”, or “our”). By using this service, you also agree to be bound by the terms & conditions listed on our website website address
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
Purchase of Test Papers
- If you wish to purchase any product made available through the Service (“Purchase”),you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase. We will not disclose this information to any third party.
- All items for purchase are listed in Singapore Dollars (SGD). Edupoint reserves the right to amend the prices as we see fit. All purchases will be transacted at the price listed at the point of purchase.
- All assessment material purchased from Edupoint are for the sole use of the purchaser& the immediate family only. The purchaser agrees not to circulate the downloaded materials to any third parties (physical or online)
- All purchases are final. No purchase will be entitled to refunds.
- The purchased material will be downloaded through a link that will be emailed to purchaser once payment has been made. This link will only be active for 2 downloads. Purchaser is advised to save the material to file for future use as stated in (3)
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Edupoint.Edupointhas no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Edupointshall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for anydamage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If arevision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Create your own Terms and Conditions
Edupoint Tuition Agency is Singapore’s leading tuition services provider. Our mission is to provide effective learning opportunities for students of all ages. Edupoint’s clients and tutors have been with us for many years and this is a testament to our dedicated service and professionalism. Edupoint’s management comprises of former fulltime tutors and ex MOE school teachers and we have a good handle on matters from perspectives of both students & tutors.
We understand your concerns!