Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
Last updated: 12 April 2019
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the Edupoint website (the “Service”) operated by Edupoint (“us”,”we”, or “our”). By using this service, you agree to be bound by the terms & conditions listed below.
Your access to and use of the
Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms.
These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the
By accessing or using the Service
you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the
terms then you may not access the Service.
Client Terms & Conditions (Home Tuition)
- The tutor will be charged 50% of the tuition fee for one month as commission. This is payable after the first two weeks after tuition commencement.
- Upon completion of the first
month of tuition, the tutor will be paid 50% of the tuition fee (as Edupoint
has already collected its 50% due). For subsequent months of tuition, the tutor
will be paid the 100% of the tuition fee.
- The client will hold the 50%
commission from the tutor’s first month fees and transfer the said amount to Edupoint
by cheque or through internet banking. The transfer should be completed by the
end of the third week after tuition commencement.
- In the event that the tuition
does not reach the 1 month term for any reason, kindly inform Edupoint at the
point of termination. Do not pay the tutor any part of the tuition fee. Edupoint
will collect the full payment for the lessons completed and then settle with
- Edupoint does not allow advance
payment. We do not collect any fee before the tuition starts and we do not
allow our tutors to do so. Please do not pay the tutors any part of the tuition
fee in advance. If as tutor were to request advance payment, kindly let Edupoint
- Edupoint does not allow
interviews or trial lessons. Please note that if after a few lessons the client
is not satisfied with the tutor’s performance, a replacement can be arranged.
The number of lessons completed prior to termination must be paid for.
- The tuition session must be
scheduled for at least once a week. The minimum duration for one session is 1.5
- All tuition fee/rates will
be determined by Edupoint. If there is a need for
negotiation, our customer service staff will handle your request. The client
should not initiate fee negotiation with the tutor until the first month of
tuition has concluded. After the first month of tuition, the client and the
tutor can decide on a mutually beneficial fee arrangement.
- The tuition sessions must be
conducted at a single address (either a home or office). Multiple locations for
tuition must be made clear to Edupoint at the time of requesting a tutor.
- Edupoint will not allow its tutors to conduct lessons in public places like malls, void decks or CCs. If there is a pressing concern to conduct the tuition at any location other than a home or office. The 50% commission to Edupoint must be paid in advance before tuition commencement.
- At no point should the client initiate steps to “assist” the tutor to circumvent paying the 50% commission to Edupoint. We expect integrity from all individuals in our dealings (especially from our tutors, who are educators).
- Tutor contact information will be released when the tutor arrives for the first lesson. Edupoint will act as liaison between tutor and client at all points in time before the first lesson. After the first lesson, the tutor and client can communicate freely with respect to lesson scheduling.
Tutor Terms & Conditions (Home Tuition)
- The tutor is required to pay Edupoint 50% of the tuition fee for the first month as commission for arranging the tuition assignment. The following table illustrates the fee according to the number of lessons per week.
- Tutors are required to inform Edupoint
of anyincrease in the number of students, lessons per week or
duration of an assignment after it commences. Failure to do so will be
construed as a lack of integrity and the tutor will be blacklisted.
- The client will be responsible
for transferring the payment to Edupoint. The tutor should not collect 100% of
the payment for the first month even if the client presents the full payment to
them EXCEPT for some cases where Edupoint will authorize certain tutors to
collect 100% of the first month payment from the client. The tutor will then
be required do the transfer of the 50% to Edupoint.
- If a tutor decides to terminate
a tuition assignment before the first month for ANY reason, the tutor has to
pay Edupoint 50% of the tuition fee.
- If the tuition is terminated before the first month due to action or lack of action of the tutor, the tutor will pay Edupoint 50% of the first month’s tuition fee. The following illustrates some examples and this list is by no means exhaustive.
- Tutor not punctual. Frequently cancelling lessons
- Tutor not able to handle the subject content/answer student’s questions
- Tutor using cellphone or other devices not lesson related during the lesson
- Tutor using the tuition time to do non-subject related activities.
- Tutor arriving for tuition inappropriately attired. Tutors are encouraged to look to their own school teachers as examples.
- Tutor trying to change frequency, duration or fee of the assignment.
- Tutor exploring the house uninvited, asking personal questions about students family.
- Tutor not staying for the full duration of the session, (arriving late/leaving early)
- The tutor will collect and
retain 100% of the tuition fee from the customer for all subsequent months of
tuition after the first month of tuition.
- All tuition fee/rates will
be determined by Edupoint. Tutors are explicitly
forbidden from engaging in negotiation with the client with regards to the
established tuition fee. Any negotiation with regards to the tuition fee can
only take place after completion of the first month’s tuition.
- Edupoint will state a fee/rate
for every assignment. Tutors are not allowed to state any other rate/fee at any
point during the first month of tuition.
- Once the tutor accepts the tuition assignment, the tutor must attend the first session. Failure to do so will cause the particular tutor to be blacklisted and the tutor must pay Edupoint 50% of the first month’s tuition fee.
- Tutors are required to be clear on all the details of the assignment before accepting it. Details such as location, timing and frequency should be checked for potential conflicts before the assignment is accepted. Edupoint expects its tutors to show due diligence required of all educators.
- Tutors are not allowed to find their own replacement to conduct their tuition sessions if they are not available or if they decide to give up the assignment. If a tutor intends to give up an assignment after the first month, they should inform Edupoint about their intention and Edupoint will make the required arrangements.
- Tutors are expected to exhibit professionalism at all times. Tutors should refrain from exploring student’s homes, enquiring about the student’s personal family details or act in any way that would make the student or the family members uncomfortable.
- Edupoint expects a high level of integrity of all its tutors. This is the minimum expected of all educators before teaching competency is even considered. Tutors should not attempt to find ways to circumvent paying the 50% commission to Edupoint.
- Tuition agencies routinely share data of blacklisted tutors. Edupoint maintains its own list of blacklisted tutors and regularly shares this list.
Tuition & Online Tuition
Client Terms & Conditions (Group Tuition & Online Tuition)
- Payments are made in blocks of 4 sessions each (1.5 hours per session)
- 1st payment consists of the fee for the 1st block plus a
deposit equal to the fee for a block.
This should be made no less than 48 hours before the first session.
- Payment for the next block must
be made no less than 7 days before the first session of the next block.
- All payments must be made to Edupoint.
Tutor payments will be disbursed accordingly by Edupoint.
- All Group & Online sessions
follow a predetermined schedule.
- For every scheduled session,
the student must be available for the session. There will be no replacement
session if a student does not “show up” or attempts to cancel the session for
- The following lists the process for Group & Online Tuition termination:
- A termination notice of 30 days is required
- Termination notice can only be submitted after the 1st block is completed.
- Deposit will be returned once the proper termination process is completed.
- All fees paid are not
- For Online tuition only:
- No personal information (e.g. email address, telephone numbers) should be exchanged during the session.
- Parents can sit with the student during the online session. This is especially encouraged for young students (primary). At no point during the online session should the parent/s attempt to interact with the tutor. We do not want the online session to be dominated by parent’s queries/comments.
- Students are responsible for their own equipment. Students should ensure that their computer, internet connections, headphones & microphones are in working condition before every session. The no cancellation rule applies even if equipment malfunction is detected before/during the session.
- Edupoint reserves the right to cancel any session due to circumstances beyond our control. Only in this case, a replacement session will be conducted.
Tutor Terms & Conditions (Group & Online Tuition)
- Edupoint Group & Online tutors are expected to have a high degree of commitment to their tuition assignments. A large amount of resources is directed by our admin team in scheduling the sessions and we do not want this to go to waste merely for a tutor that does not show up for a session.
- Online tutors are expected to
be proficient in using the online platform after a certain amount of time.
Support staff will be present in your virtual classroom only for the first 2
- Online tutors will be paid at
the end of every calendar month. The rate/fee will be decided based on tutor’s
experience and qualification.
- No personal information (e.g.
email address, telephone numbers) should be exchanged during the session.
- Tutors cannot use “replacements” for any of their sessions without prior approval from Edupoint. The following applies:
- Online/Group tutors are advised to have replacement or “buddy” tutors.
- All buddy tutors must be vetted by Edupoint.
- The buddy tutor will be used as the replacement tutor in the event the primary tutor is not available for a scheduled Group or Online session.
- If you have a schedule
conflict, kindly give Edupoint the required details at least 3 days before the
session. We will then make the required arrangements to deploy the buddy tutor
or reschedule the class. Last minute cancellation will not be tolerated and you
are required to compensate Edupoint the
fee amount of the entire session.
- Tutors are expected to conduct the online session in a quiet environment. Background noise can easily feed into the microphone and make hearing for the student rather difficult.
- The following lists the process for Group & Online Tuition termination by tutor:
- A termination notice of 45 days is required
- A penalty of 4 weeks tuition fee will be imposed in lieu of notice.
We reserve the right, at our sole
discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is
material, we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new
terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at
our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about
these Terms, please contact us.